Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One more appointment done!

I know, this is getting old! I guess I am getting old too! Today we went to Riverside to see Brett Cherry - the new Dr. Cherry - who is an allergist. He agrees with the CT scan of my sinuses that I don't have sinusitis... so what do I have? Still don't know for sure. While sitting on the exam table Wayne says what is that on your face? Those red spots? I said I noticed them Sunday morning while putting my makeup on for church - look kind of like or a lot like the Lupus butterfly! The DR. says have you been diagnosed with Lupus before? Yeah, but a long time ago in the early 90's and I was treated for it. Make a long story short he asked me to follow up with my Dr. on that since it can cause all kinds of BAD things. I just thought about Lupus last week... but I don't want people to think I am crazy! So I sent an e-mail off to my rheumatologist to see if he can get his office to let me see him since you have to wait 6 months before he is available. I had an appointment with him a week or so ago but I had to cancel it since I was not feeling very well.

Dr. Cherry did all the allergy tests on me and I didn't have any grass, mold or weed problems! He said my eyes were red and swollen - that started 2 weeks ago. Okay, Kristina, this part is for you... I am to use this huge bottle of sinus rinse twice a day and not before I go to bed or my pillow will be wet! You can use a Neti Pot (you told me about that) but he doesn't recommend it as the other bottle thing is much easier to use. I just did it and that is a huge amount of salt water up the nostrils! I really do think it is part sinus problem because the right side didn't respond the same as the left - it seemed not to be as clear. He told me it can still be a sinus problem although it is not chronic -good news! He wants me to see a neurologist. I will wait until after the Lupus thing! Wayne has an MRI of his brain next week from his neurosurgeon so I will ask him to recommend a Dr.I am hoping the sinus rinse will do the trick in the meantime! That's it - still don't have any real answers but still hoping the headaches and inability to sleep will go away.

No comments: