Thursday, January 22, 2009

OH! WHAT A DAY!!!

Today I went to see the Dr. for a follow-up from my asthma and sinus infections in December. I was looking forward to this visit since my head is firing all the time, so much so that I cannot even sleep soundly., I actually hoped the problem was with my sinus for fear it could be something far worse and I soon would die! My appointment was at 10:30 and I waited until 11:30 just to get in a room. When I finally saw the Dr. he told me I had fluid in my right ear and that my sinuses are quite bad. That, actually, was a relief other than I told him I can't live this way it hurts too much. I explained my headache this way ... you know the ad for the batteries that says it just keeps going and going and going etc. - that's my headache, feels like a neon sign flashing all the time! He put me on a pak of steroids, headache pills with codeine and a couple of other medicines. My deductible for these meds was 98.00$! At least I have some empathy for my kids who have dealt with allergies. I don't understand why I am having allergy problems so late in life though! Then I decided, even though I had sample medications to go to Medicine Shoppe then so I would have the dosing information. I arrived there at 12:30 feeling quite badly! Went to leave to go home with my expensive meds and my car wouldn't start.

The car is a whole different story. I called Wayne and asked him to call AAA and come over. (I didn't take my cell with me - first time I've really needed it.) He got my message but couldn't hear me at the end of the call so I had to hang up on him. I got a glass of water from the pharmacy so I could start my meds right then. Wayne showed up and AAA came soon after. He couldn't jump start it so he had to tow it to Phil's Auto Clinic. I have another Dr. appointment in Anaheim tomorrow at 1:10 for my wrist. On the way over with the tow I mentioned that I was glad it didn't happen in Anaheim. Wayne was very optimistic - he said "The Lord is watching out for us!" I am sure He was because this was much simpler than being stuck in Anaheim. Hopefully they will get it fixed tomorrow morning - if not Lisa will get a call to see if we can borrow a car. At least I don't have a brain tumor and we aren't stuck in Anaheim! Can't survive without a sense of humor!!

1 comment:

The (Ryan) Romeril Family said...

Oh my! I'm soooo sorry to hear that you've been sick too and what a day! I guess it runs in the family (haha)! I hope the meds start working & take care of everything for you!! Love you guys! *kristina