Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh! Those shots are for the birds!!

After a few days of rain and cold it is time for me to blog again! I had stopped the shots for my osteoarthritis thinking they caused my health problems. Last week I received a new batch of shots on Tuesday - which was the first day since October that I finally felt good - and had a shot that night feeling sure that my problems were not caused by the shots! I had a racing heart right after the shot but then at Midnight (had the shot at 6p.m.) I awoke feeling dizzy, nauseous, racing heart, unable to sleep, weak, and the next day with aching muscles. I didn't have a shot again until Friday night and had the same problems! I went to my family physician on Tuesday and he says not to take anymore shots!! That's exactly what I thought! I emailed Dr. Fan and he concurred that I should not take anymore Forteo shots because I could have an even more violent reaction!! I think my sinus infection is due to an allergic reaction to the medicine too! I will have some other medication in February after the Dr. gets permission from my insurance. It is administered once a year by IV that takes about 15 minutes! Just hope this will make me well...

No comments: