Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pain!!!

Well, I started having these shots every night and was supposed to have them for two years - to build my bones due to the osteoarthritis. I began having deep back and hip pain, so bad I couldn't lay anywhere in my bed!! I emailed my Dr. and he sent me a prescription for physical therapy. It wasn't helping, in fact I was getting worse and now feeling like I had the flu really badly and a headache too. I also noticed depression setting in! I talked to my physical therapist and during the conversation it dawned on me that this started two weeks after starting the shots. I emailed my Dr. again who told me to stop the shots for two weeks and if I didn't feel better it wasn't the Forteo shots. After missing just two shots the deep pain was gone! I am not having the shots again!!! I still don't feel really good but I know I have 8 more days before the two weeks are up. I figure when we get back from St. Louis after Thanksgiving I should be okay, if not, off to the Dr. I go to see what is up! I believe it is still side effects! Gotta BELIEVE!!

1 comment:

Kris Romeril said...

I am so sorry. What a nighmare. You are taking these shots to help you and then you feel crappy because of the shots. Sometimes you just can't win.